I am currently (Fall 2020) teaching a Bachelor 2 course on English Idioms at the Université Saint-Louis (Marie Haps).
These exercises are designed to complement and practice the material learned in Units 11–15 (with a few ones from Units 1–10) of the course and should be fine for anyone with a B1 English level. The notes for the course are not publicly available but anybody can use these exercises to practice English Idioms of course.
Resources and Links
- Antidode: bilingual corrector, dictionaries, etc.
- Ankiweb: memorization app.
- Idioms Slides 2 used in the course to help you review the material.
- Full description of the course on the University site.
- More Exercises on English Idioms 1 (Units 1–10)
Practice Exercises – Units 11–15
Most of the content of these exercises is taken from the course material, although sometimes in a slightly modified form.
Choose the right answer
Can you hear some idioms in this Seinfeld clip from “The Caddy” episode?
Type in the right answers
(The post picture is from Asterix, The Legionary – Astérix, Le légionnaire).